Thread: i2 on grass
View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 11:10 PM   #10
neoflyer
neoflyer is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civicsman View Post
Small oscillations while standing can happen. If you are standing perfectly still and straight, the machine will be quite still, but if you lean the least bit forward or back, the machine must correct for it.

At high speed, the machine will start to "push back" on the LeanSteer as you approach top speed. Experienced riders just lean into it a bit to max out the speed. The machine won't drop you, unless it is very weirdly faulty (there is redundancy in almost every important aspect of operation). Newbies might be concerned by the push back and lean back, just a little, then forward, causing an oscillation.

I've trained a few novices, and helping them overcome newbie oscillations is one of the things they have to learn. You learn to stop trying to overcome what the machine is doing and and just trust it to follow your lead. Having said that, maybe what you are experiencing is different than that.

Beginner mode turns slower and goes slower, but I don't know that it is any less aggressive with balancing. Worth a try, I suppose, just to understand the response.
Thanks. My Ninebot miniPro does the same thing as it approaches maximum speed. It pushes back which is very disconcerting as it feels like it might spin out from under me. So when I try to pull back to slow it down it does but my body doesn't slow so I subsequently push forward from my momentum. At least that is what I think is happening.

On the I2 bending my knees slightly and allowing my weight to shift back or forward very slightly rather than pushing or pulling the handles seems to help.
neoflyer is offline   Reply With Quote