View Single Post
Old 06-14-2019, 02:03 PM   #8
fabricGator
fabricGator is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airdale View Post
Yep, done it all......Put i2 off road tires on my X2, more low end and reduced top end......I have 23" tires every day X2, little faster slow off the line.....The i2 with the big tires fly, get to aggressive it dont like it warns you, keep pushing it will go into controlled shut down....

Some old timers here talked about hacked software but that was done at a Segfest many years ago....
About a week after I had originally emailed techsupport@segway.com I received this reply:

Each Segway PT model is software specific based on many factors, including tire turn radius. If a customer would like to install a non-compatible model tire on their PT, the PT would need to be returned to the factory (via dealer coordination) for software update.

I had imagined this being the probable case, that in addition to tires and fenders, that there was differing software parameters to account for the changes.

I believe I saw a fender kit for $70 and I2 wheels for $360 or so. Too bad I could not address and flash the ROM easily to facilitate the changes. What would be really great would be if there was a thumb drive or SD micro that held the OS and in addition to the labor to swap the wheel kit, then just swap out the corresponding software on an SD Micro card. I can imagine and dream...

Now, if corporate were to make their units even cooler by adding these configuration possibilities, perhaps they would be a better commercial success.

I think people like 'Mods' and options...
"I am going to take the 40' tour bus to an isolated campground next week, I should configure the Segway for trails and forest trek, for my ambulatory wife"
fabricGator is offline   Reply With Quote