View Single Post
Old 05-21-2006, 11:20 PM   #7
Desert_Seg

Desert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to beholdDesert_Seg is a splendid one to behold

5 yr Member

The problem with exceeding the weight limit is that your stopping distance is much greater, your range is much lower, and your ability turn sharply AND safely decreases dramatically. I don't encourage exceeding the weight limit but I also don't put folks on a scale. If I think they are over the recommeneded weight, I tell them....

FYI, I have gone over the weight limit (me, two riders, and some cargo) with not problems.

My heaviest single person rider was over 350 lbs and 6'9". I've never seen a grown man turn so pale in such a short time. The machine wasn't happy when he got on (I swear it creaked!), he was petrified, and although the the ride last 5 seconds, there is no way he was going to ever get on again.

This leads me to another phenomenon that I've noticed....very tall people are uncomfortable on the Segway. Whilst I like the extra 8 inches, the are not happy at all.

Steven
Desert_Seg is offline   Reply With Quote