View Single Post
Old 11-11-2009, 02:58 PM   #7
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by homey View Post
makes an argument for bringing back the Gen1's. i don't see the elderly as comfortable with lean steer do you?
I dunno, my mother seems pretty comfortable. Maybe she'll chime in.

Most people don't have too much trouble with lateral stability. There are those who do, but it's generally not from being elderly. For some of them, the Gen 1 can help, as can a seat on a Gen 2.

I still think an attachment to help these people with a Gen 2 would be feasible. Maybe a handle to hang onto on one side, as they steer with the other?

I think it would take some experimentation to find what really works for both Segway and Glider.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote