View Single Post
Old 08-30-2006, 10:02 PM   #5
Florida Ever-Glides
Florida Ever-Glides will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member SegwayFest Attendee

Over two years I got a letter from Dean Kamen (it is framed & hanging in the office) acknowledging the value of guided tours and mentioning for me to contact a new regional manager who worked out of Sarasota, FL. I spoke with him a few times but he never took the time to come over and see the tour operation or go on a tour as a guest. This is long before the immediate area had dealers. He didn't last very long with Segway Inc.

Recently Jason Barton at Segway Inc. had the chance to go on our tour, and I think he really enjoyed the experience and saw first hand the positive impact tours have on the general public.

Behind the scenes I think that Segway Inc. does appreciate what the independent tour operators do to expose the Segway in a positive light, but not having a dealer relationship, today they only maintain an 'arms length' relationship at best. I hope the day comes when we can all align together to bring the 'mass appeal' of the Segway to a fruition...

I think we need each other to make this work. Dealers alone, even the ones who try to operate a tour, do not complete the equation...