View Single Post
Old 08-29-2006, 02:54 PM   #1
Florida Ever-Glides
Florida Ever-Glides will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member SegwayFest Attendee
Talking We've Been DRAFTED- By Segway Inc.

I just read on a recent Segway Inc. press release that Segway marketing is going to be focused on two areas. They want to get as many people on the Segway as possible; either through their Dealers or from Guided Tours.

I think this is great, but I sure hope that they mean ALL tours, and not just the Dealer/Tours. The majority of tours are operated by independents who put their heart and soul into their business day in and day out. They have no poential 'conflict of interest' because they don't sell Segways. I believe that the Dealer/Tours have a primary responsibility to SELL Segways and the tour is just a way to pay the bills along the way. It's not a secret, it's business. Most stand alone tour operators have only one focus, to make their tour experience a memorable one, without any quotas...

If I sold Segways as a Dealer many of my customers would assume that my enthusiasm is just a 'front' to sell Segways, and not genuine. I obviously love the technology and have probably sold hundreds indirectly over the years.

I hope the folks at Corp. will show the foresight to invite the independent tour operators (who are among the best in this business) to join hands with Corp. to 'excite the world' about the technology and how the PT can change their lives. Most, if not all of the independant tour operators would be happy to join Segway Inc. in their marketing effort and help make the Segway a success. Alienating the indepentant tour operators is a waste of valueable resources...