View Single Post
Old 02-20-2011, 05:50 AM   #3
Lily Kerns
Lily Kerns will become famous soon enoughLily Kerns will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

What kind of size restrictions does the machine have? Generally the glider must be over 100 pounds and less than 250.

As I understand it, the 100 pounds is a matter of enough weight to activate the sensors under the floor mat. The second--and a significantly related factor -- would be a matter of age and responsibility.

Under very carefully supervised conditions and carefully chosen participants, you might get around the weight condition with the "bricks in a backpack" concept.

I think it is a great idea--but not one to be entered without a lot of thought, especially in the matter of liability... Certainly one does not have to be 16 and/or weigh 100 pounds to be able to use a Segway. My inclination would be to train parents to use them safely first...

Hmmmm... Would perhaps a Segway with a seat such as the SegSaddle be a viable option to meet that kind of needs?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lily Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote