View Single Post
Old 02-10-2008, 11:57 AM   #42
jryan
jryan will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by wwhopper View Post
But why is it such a fight to get to that point?
Well in some cases it is a fight. There is a difference between a fight and a debate. A fight is when attacks start coming. A debate is when you keep your cool and state your opinion in a constructive way, not at all attacking. Here's the thing. Based on general human psychology a debate is very productive and a great thing to have in any environment. It encourages people to think in a different way. But once that debate gets to a fight, that is, the attacks coming, that is when people turn off. No one likes to be attacked and the human brain reacts to attacks in a way of that of turning it off. When an attack comes the victim automatically goes into defense mode and doesn't think. Fights are not productive. That being said, I have never gotten in a fight with Karl or Eric, I believe I have with others! I agree the fighting needs to stop, but debates should continue on!

Jeremy Ryan

P.S. The problem is some do not know a good debate when they see one so they view every view different from theirs as an attack. I feel sorry for these people!
jryan is offline   Reply With Quote