View Single Post
Old 03-16-2012, 02:44 AM   #18
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by florin View Post
It always sad to see that the chinese people live and work in poor conditions, no matter for who they are producing products/parts.

I would love to see them all have good salaries and a max working time of 40 hours a week. And I believe that many others would like to see that happen as well, but not that many would accept the consequences of it I guess. Prices of all the products would go through the roof.

But how about going back to the original topic, you know Segway PT sightings in AMsterdam, I would love to see more videos and photos
Actually, I suspect what would happen over time is that there would be a tremendous market for cheap labor to supply the Chinese market, thus pulling up the fortunes in such places as Burundi, Congo, Liberia, Zimbabwe, Eritrea, Somalia, Central African Republic, Niger, Malawi, and even Afghanistan -- where the annual incomes range from $300/yr in Burundi to $900/yr in Afghanistan.

The problem is, between education and infrastructure, they can't really fill that need yet. But with that big a market driving it, I bet people will start to figure out how to connect the dots.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.