View Single Post
Old 03-12-2012, 09:23 AM   #13
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I do feel this is a very real topic, and a very real issue, but do not know if we know enough about it to truly understand what is the current situation there. We are talking about a different culture there, and most news comes from news sources that are not always that good or anxious to report the truth as much as the spectacular.

Further, I wonder just how much of a factor this is for the buying public of Apple. Regardless of crediting their engineering, or their marketing, or any other combination of these and other factors, Apple holds a very dedicated fan and consumer base, that is more likely than many other consumer bases to overlook much that may be going on.

In the long run, right or wrong, this is not the biggest issue at Apple, and it is not a new one either.

I am not a fan of Apple nor a consumer of theirs. My wife has an ipod I think, for music. (If I have the right title). I generally buy the computers, and happen to be a PC guy. I do have friends however who are great fans of Apple products, and I respect their opinions, and from all I see and hear, their engineering is very good. My personal assessment goes to the features I want, for the price I want to pay.

Of course, many of my Apple consuming friends try to tell me it is not about the money, but it is about the features they like. Maybe it is, and I will sample their wares eventually. I have no bias against going that direction, when the time is right. At this point, I am comfortable knowing how to get the features I want for the price I want, and that equation has not yet brought me to Apple.

I find this thread interesting to read, but I wonder how many people reading, (not so much those writing) will be moved to act differently. I have had many a conversation with friends and associates about one retailer or another. When I mention that I regularly drive past one retailer in favor of another who treats me better, has better customer service, or some other non directly price related service, I am often met with skepticism. It seems that many people value convenience of location, and relative appearance of good pricing over service, pleasantries, and other factors in their purchasing.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.