Old 02-12-2007, 06:51 PM   #7
RAY-NER
RAY-NER is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillPaxton View Post
I'm missing something - see below:
I don't understand how this would happen

++++ In my one and only fall from the i2, I was in a forward motion in the parking lot of a strip mall. Without watching what was ahead for a brief instant, the wheels met with the sharp rise of a speed bump that had no visible markings as most do. The i2 lost traction and I was thown to the ground on my right side, while my right foot was trapped because the right side of my lower calve was forced against the mudgard while my shoe was against the console as the Segway wheels were still turning and the left wheel was above ground. A customer in one of the stores raced to my rescue and twisted the i2 so I could remove my foot as I lay on the ground with severe pain in my ankle area.
+++++++++++++

how would the glide know the difference between falling off and stepping off?

++++++ I pointed out in the message that the instant shutoff would occur if the i2 was in forward motion. That differs from the stationary situation when stepping off.

+++++++++++++
I can't get a mental picture of what you are describing...I load my i167s all the time into my suv by a rather steep ramp (two tin hurrican shutters cut to 3.5' at a roughly 45 degree angle) and it requires no effort whatsoever, power assist does 100% of the climbing. I tilt it as its rolling up and in, and once its all the way in I shut it off and put my styrofoam scuba tank stops under the wheels and I'm off.
+++++ Your i167 has the power assist feature which i2 does not. The i2 will travel backward in the balance mode if you tilt the bar backward as the i2 is in the same position as when you stepped off. In order to move forward, you must tilt the bar forward to slowly move the i2 up the loading ramp. This is where the difficulty lies. Imagine where you must stand in order to guide the i2 up the ramp under this scenario. Besides that, the bar must be used to guide it up-ramp until the handle bar collides with the hatchback lid. This is a very difficult loading procedure as you can envision. Therefore, for ease of loading, the order of direction must be temporarily reversed as described.
++++++++++++++++++++
RAY-NER
RAY-NER is offline   Reply With Quote