Thread: Charging port
View Single Post
Old 01-03-2018, 06:34 PM   #4
dmurphy
dmurphy is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagiMike View Post
My cover port broke off very early. I never bothered to replace it and have not had any problems. I think it does help with water proofing but I never take mine into standing water and get out of the rain as soon as possible.

I have seen some people make a cheep replacement by cutting off just the end of a power cord and inserting it in the space. Of course you must take it out and replace it with an intact power cord when you want to charge.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don M View Post
That door was missing from both of our I2's when we bought them. I think they remove the doors on purpose on many Seg tour rental machines because they're charging them several time per day and the doors can be a PITA

I bought new console covers for our Segs, mainly because I wanted the doors and they don't sell just the doors. Think I hunted around until I found the console covers for about $25 each

Don
Thanks guys! I like the idea of making a power cord plug; anything to keep the water out is a Good Thing (tm) in my book. Goodness knows I've got plenty of power cords around here - one can make the ultimate sacrifice ...

... or, I get a new console cover. Now that I shipped it back to the seller to fix the charging issue, we'll see what the situation is... they may swap it for another unit - still TBD.
dmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote