View Single Post
Old 06-25-2005, 07:29 PM   #10
pam
Last of the Early 30
pam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond reputepam has a reputation beyond repute

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

As I recall, Jackson was found not guilty of that specific series of charges for that one time period/child/family. He was found not guility more because the mother of the accuser was thought to be a liar. If the mom had been more credible, the outcome might have been different. (And I'm not saying whether it should have been or not.) This is more a case of the accuser's mom being found guilty, I think. (Of a crime she wasn't on trial for.) The criminal justice system in america is .... interesting. IMHO - but yes, he was found not guilty of molesting that child. There was at least one jury member (and maybe more, I just remember an interview with one) who said they thought he had probably molested children, just not that one, because they didn't trust the mother not to have put the child up to a false accusation.

Tom Cruise surprised me. He may have studied "psychiatry" but I doubt that he's studied neurology. If he hadn't been quite so fast to interrupt and basically shout down Matt Lauer, I might have had a little more respect for him. I hope that his little Katie doesn't come down with post-partum depression. That's a little cauldron waiting to explode.

Pam
pam is offline   Reply With Quote