View Single Post
Old 09-01-2014, 01:39 PM   #18
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

I too have heard of Segway employees saying that the 167s were the best built, and after that, many of the original parts suppliers were eventually replaced with lesser, and often Chinese made parts...

But it also is worth saying that all the recalls were on gen 1 machines. The last was after the first of the gen 2 machines were released, but the fault was found on gen 1 machines.

It took a long time, but Japanese copies of american cars started as cheaper in all ways, and eventually became better in most every way. Currently, they are among the best on the market, and do not cost more.

Chinese may follow the same path, where the copies eventually become better than the originals, but I do not believe we have gone that far yet.

Currently, Segways are very expensive to repair. I have seen no actual way to repair the Chinese copies however, so I cannot compare them.

I have said before, and I say again, I would love to see a side by side comparison of the different self balancing options out there... As of now, I have seen no such data available. I have not even seen much of any technical data on the chinese copies at all. I await that data...

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.