View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 08:38 AM   #7
eJM
Account Suspended
eJM will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Anyone familiar with the admin control panel of a vBulletin forum (the software this site uses), they can send email to all or a portion of the members of the site. I would think the administrators would do that, at the very least for those of us that have visited within the last X number of days. That is just one of the many options available.

I kept trying to visit the site at the old domain and kept getting a server not found error. I visit almost every day and tonight I decided to do some googling to see if anyone had posted in a blog or another forum about the site being down. Since Segway Chat's SEO is so poor, it took some searching - I shoulda just kept it simple and used only "segway chat." It's funny that the only direct link to the site is to the calendar with 2 birthdays on it.

The original dot com is still showing as registered to Frank. The registrar is Tucows, which is a pretty decent company. If Frank asked them to, he could probably get them to place an .htaccess file on the root of the domain that does a permanent or temporary redirect straight to the new domain.

I wonder how many others are still waiting for someone to get their stuff together and fix the site's problem, whatever it is? I couldn't imagine doing something like this to my forum members.

Jim