View Single Post
Old 09-06-2006, 11:59 PM   #25
Red Seg
Red Seg is just really niceRed Seg is just really niceRed Seg is just really niceRed Seg is just really nice

5 yr Member

I have paperwork from renting a machine from Segway Los Angeles (located in Santa Monica) in July, 2005. It clearly states,

"Should you decide to buy, we will gladly credit up to $300 of your rental toward the purchase."

I don't know if they have reprinted anything since then but the rates on the web match those I have in print...

Their web page states "If you would like to rent a Segway before making the decision to purchase, we will gladly deduct up to $300 of your rental from the purchase price if you decide to buy within 30 days." I have no idea how long that has been there but it is shown on the XT/i180/GT page with a 2005 copyright. (A web page is not a binding contract.)

It doesn't state that you have to purchase the machine that was rented or make a commitment immediately after the rental but it does state that the limit is $300. This protects them from someone renting for two months and then expecting $1800 off a brand new machine (Or using their machine for six months and then gliding out with a new machine for $200!).

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Red Seg is offline   Reply With Quote