View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 01:55 PM   #6
Bob.Kerns
Advanced Member
Bob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of lightBob.Kerns is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by segsurfer View Post
I hear you, as a car I could really kind of take it or leave it. The part that excites me is the drivetrain. With the way technology is advancing, I would expect to see this system in a wide variety of vehicles across GM's range, and I think it could really improve the driving and fuel economy characteristics of a wide range of vehicles. I mean personally, I'm holding out for a pick up truck with this type of drivetrain. as much as I like the volt now, it wouldn't really work for me either, as I use a Segway for mobility purposes, and it's a bit difficult for me to get a segway in and out of a hatch or trunk with ramps. that being said, I have a 40 mile round-trip commute to and from school, and if I could do it without any gasoline whatsoever I'd be a happy camper, and gladly put up with the inconveniences of having to use ramps over a segvator.
Why couldn't you use a Segvator? Are hitches not available? Are custom ones not possible (or would they be too pricey)?

Prius's aren't supposed to tow, but I have an after-market hitch designed specifically for the Gen1 Prius. Since lots of people use hitches for all manner of non-towing attachments, like bike racks, I would expect hitches to become available if the Volt is sold in any appreciable numbers, unless there's some serious technical barrier.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Obviously, we can't have infinite voltage, or the universe would tear itself to shreds, and we wouldn't be discussing Segways.
Bob.Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote