View Single Post
Old 01-28-2013, 03:58 AM   #15
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrandwood View Post
Sorry, I wasn't saying the Disney position was easily refuted. If Disney based their entire position on those videos on YouTube then perhaps it would. But the Disney case is far more complex and over my head in terms of the facts and detail. I'm not up on those details to comment enough.
I would say that the media is flooded with far more misinformation about segways than information. Surely the popular video markets, like you tube and gizmodo are.

When you are trying to educate even honest and reasonable people about a topic, yet you constantly bombard them with images you say they should ignore, and do not replace them with commensurate positive images, then you will influence the thinking on that topic.

Marketing and advertising use this all the time. So do political ads. Your brain can only logically tell your memory to ignore images when it has other images that it can substitute with.

I can tell you not to think of a pink elephant. Now, do not think of a pink elephant, because if you think of a pink elephant, you will visualize pink elephants. That is of course, unless you think of a red and white zebra.

Consider honestly, the images that were in your head through that last paragraph.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote