View Single Post
Old 09-24-2017, 10:18 PM   #3
Pescador12
Pescador12 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Horse View Post
Hello to all,
My wife and I just bought 2 MiniPros. We didn't think we could balance very good with the standard knee stick. We bought handlebars from More4Mini.
We love the Mini with these handlebars. The bars are quick connect/disconnect just like the original knee bar.
The Mini is so fun to ride and the handlebar gives so much stability....BUT

We have found that when exiting the Mini with the handlebars.....the Mini tries to race backwards as soon as I get off the back. This happens to my wife as well on the other Mini. We have to make sure we don't have a foot even behind the wheel or it tries to run up your leg.
We have learned to put both feet between the wheels and stop it with the front of your ankles, and reach over to power it off.....kind of a dangerous situation....sometimes I just lift it up.

Just wondering if anyone knows why this would be happening.

Looking forward to any info on this issue, and very glad to find this forum!!
Are you pulling back on the handle as you step off. It can't balance with the handlebar so it will take off as if the rider is giving it lean input. I heard the handlebar makes it take off forward if you let go. Odd that yours would cause the mini to have rearward lean/motion. Hold the control bar (handle) still in space (hold it still without pulling or pushing) and the mini pro will stay below it.

You cannot let go of the handlebar on a powered up segway with handlebar, the way you can on a stock minipro. Handlebars will all take off.
Pescador12 is offline   Reply With Quote