View Single Post
Old 01-06-2019, 10:03 AM   #6
Segbyte
Segbyte is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pescador12 View Post
The Ninebot products use the common 16850 Lithium batteries found in laptops. If you grow to love your E+, the batteries can be replaced by any of the aftermarket battery repair/rebuild places. They just arc weld nickle strips to the batteries and then solder the pack inside Ninebot's battery case. Then the batteries are brand new again.

It has a lot of batteries in it so they will cost $200ish just for the batteries. That is what I will do (arc weld the batteries myself) when my MiniPro batteries need replacement. I will always have my MiniPro's and constantly monitor their tire pressures (45psi).
$200 sounds decent. Although the arc welding part sounds a bit scary, considering the reputation lithium ion batteries have for fire and explosion.

Looking through the manual, I eventually found a reference to tire pressures on just about the last page of the manual, one paragraph, with no reference or explanation on how to access the valves. But I found this on YouTube

Looking at the comments below, it turns out to access the valves on an Elite+, you need to either to take the wheels or the battery off, and on finding the valves on the wheels on mine, I can confirm they are highly inaccessible. so regular checking is probably going to be unlikely, sadly.

I get the impression from the way Ninebot have buried reference to the tires in the manual, that they're slightly embarrassed by this design feature.

Thanks.

P.S. The link seems to be messing up on my browser. I'll try again, below:

Last edited by Segbyte; 01-06-2019 at 10:23 AM..
Segbyte is offline   Reply With Quote