View Single Post
Old 08-14-2015, 12:52 PM   #1
Lily Kerns
Lily Kerns will become famous soon enoughLily Kerns will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Default Is it a Segway or a Hoveround?

Has anyone encountered this particular bit of mis-information?

I was at the hospital this morning talking with officials about improving their handicap access. It will take a while but this is the kind of response one hopes for!

Then I went to Walmart and was stopped by a woman who had apparently seen me at the hospital on my seg. She wanted to ask me some questions about my "Hoveround". I'm not sure I ever convinced her that it is the Segway that has two wheels, not the Hoveround!

Has anyone else encountered this confusion? I didn't get a chance to quiz her on where she got that idea... This might explain why Missouri's Conservation Department has completely ignored my requests over the past six years that they acknowledge that a Hoveround is a wheelchair, not an EPAMD, and that requiring a permit for its use is illegal from the git go! Obviously they haven't checked the Hoveround website as I've repeatedly suggested.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lily Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote