View Single Post
Old 03-23-2011, 05:56 PM   #5
startup
startup is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisfer75 View Post
Hi everybody.

My name is Cristian and I'm planning to launch a segway tour service in Buenos Aires, Argentina. In order to do this I'm also developing a business plan.

And when I come to the point of define how many segway do I need from the very beginning, I came across with your community and I learnt a lot form your posts.
But based on your experiences, which is the optimum number of segway during the start up of the business.
And my other question is once you get to an on going level how is your level of occupancy?

To give you an idea there is no segway tours in buenos Aires and we receive more than 2 million international visitors per year.

Thanks in advance for your time and help

I started my business with 7 Segways and that was too many. I'd suggest 5 - 1 for guide and 4 for guests. You can quickly add more as demand grows. I also STRONGLY agree with someone's post above that suggested buying only Gen 2s for a business! In my opinion, it's much easier to train guests/new riders on the Gen 2 models. Since safety was of primary concern for my tour business, I wanted the guests to learn quickly, feel confident, and be thoroughly trained before starting the tour. Hope this helps.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
startup is offline   Reply With Quote