View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 06:37 PM   #2
jryan
jryan will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Talking

I do not believe in censoring the word god! That goes against freedom of speech. Any political view that is for censoring the word god is also for abolishing the freedom of speech. Allowing people to use the word god is much different than preaching. I do not believe in people randomly preaching god.

But preaching and saying the name are two diferent things. I think preaching is disrespectful. I do believe you can share your views without preaching. As far as the word god goes I have no problem with someone substituting the word god for say Allah or Buddha or any other higher being.

But to say that we have to refrain from saying something just because some odd person could be offended because of their own ignorance is not an idea I agree with. Swearing should be monitored because there are young people around. Saying god or Allah, or whatever should not be monitored.

There is a major difference between saying something offensive and saying something that could offend someone. I am against saying something offensive on this forum or anywhere else (although we all do it occasionally), I am not against saying something that could offend someone.

Jeremy Ryan
jryan is offline   Reply With Quote