View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 10:03 AM   #23
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by drsmr2 View Post
Both of my i2's are used. The dealer who sold it to me recently told me it had 814 miles on it, not higher. It appears to be in really good shape and runs fine. Could it honestly have over 10K and he not know it? The dealer is very reputable. Another thing to mention is on Saturday, we did a tour of DC, put the Segway's in the car & left them overnight, took them out in the morning, powered up and rode off for the 1-1 1/2 mile run. The battery showed 4 bars at that time and when we returned. I don't know if not being charged overnight for that time had any effect or not....just thought I would mention it. I really appreciate everyone's help. I hope to figure this out soon.

Denise
I agree with SegNerd, any dealer should know about the blinking eye as being over 10K. I had forgotten, but I am not a dealer.

Segways are pretty robust, and 10K plus miles does not automatically mean it is on its way out. But it clearly is not a machine with only 800 plus miles.

It seems very clear that your machine was most likely modified to look newer than it is. 800 miles will cause a certain amount of wear, and will not look like 11000 miles. If the dealer knew and replaced fenders and tires and what not to make it look much newer, it also is suspect.

I believe the question asked previously, if you have paper that indicates that it has only 800 plus miles, or just his comment, is significant.

Good luck. Consider this well. A machine of any age with 11K miles has been used differently (commuter, tour machine) than a machine if the same age with less than 1 K miles. Some people buy ex-rental cars and love them, other refuse to ever buy an ex-rental car. This is the kind of consideration you need to make. (By the way, it is common for tour segways to be speed limited)

Glide more, have fun.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.
KSagal is offline   Reply With Quote