View Single Post
Old 01-22-2017, 04:51 PM   #1
Tritium
Tritium will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner
Red face My X2SE just saved my life... (sorta)

Well, I just had a near-death experience on my way back from a sale.
The main road up to my house is a highway (77) and subsequently has no sidewalk.

I was gliding full speed up the bike lane and had just looked to my left to maintain visual on a driver who had appeared not to be looking my way.

As I looked back to the bike lane, my body canted severely to the right (towards a large blue Ford Explorer 8" away) and I was headed directly towards him.
My left side had launched 6-8" in the air from a large object that my left tire had hit, the motor was whirring and I could hear the wheel spinning against nothing, underneath me.

I could feel the pain from a crash and likely loss of life that hadn't even occurred yet, and somehow, from heading straight towards the front of a large SUV at 50MPH combined, the chassis dropped back down to the ground, the tire made contact with the porous asphalt, and the PT corrected my direction within a few inches of being a human pancake. All within seconds it had flashed before me, and upon regaining control it had felt as if I had just landed a 747 on a carrier ship.

The SUV 🚙 had swerved out of the way, long overdue, and too late.

I immediately lovingly hugged the LeanSteer frame and thanked my X2 and the engineers for somehow managing to keep me alive, and unscathed.
Tritium is offline   Reply With Quote