View Single Post
Old 03-28-2007, 11:44 PM   #28
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player
Default implementation

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEGsby View Post
Segway Jousting could be the new Polo.
During the long glide, we talked about this at one point. The idea I came up with was to glide backwards (with the CS behind) with a short fence seperating the two segways from colliding. Ideally people would have a large face mask covering their face, neck and part of their chest. In one hand would be a nerf-like lance and in the other hand would be a shield. Obviously "steering" is optional.

Due to the speed limiter when going in reverse, the motors might have to be reverse wired (or reversed) to allow for a full 12 MPH in reverse.

OPTA - Forget stun guns...I always carry my polo mallet with me. No one messes with someone who has a 7 foot reach and a good swing. 8^) 8^) 8^) And if asked (say by the authorities) what that is hanging from my handlebars, I just respond with, "Oh...that's my cane." 8^) 8^) 8^)

ps - I'd think a suit of some sort would be required where it ensures that the lance doesn't get caught in any joint. It may be soft, but a poke at 25 MPH could cause problems.

Last edited by polo_pro; 03-28-2007 at 11:50 PM.. Reason: polo tangent added as requested
polo_pro is offline   Reply With Quote