View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 02:25 PM   #6
Civicsman
Civicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of lightCivicsman is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bud01234 View Post
I wasn't questioning what you or the dealer did; just was curious as to what happened to your wheels and if it was something I should watch out for.
I had the same questions about what was done. If I understand correctly, the dealer mounted new tires on used wheels at his shop, then replaced the wheel/tire assemblies in SegwayDan's parking lot.

It cost SegwayDan $180 for a pair of new tubes and tires on used wheels. Dan's original used wheels were "recycled", or exchanged for the dealer's used wheels. If Dan had opted for new wheels, it would have cost him $240 and he would have had to store his old wheels or trash them.

The dealer charged $60 per side to replace the elastomer's in SegwayDan's parking lot.

The dealer went way out of his way to make this happen and should be congratulated on great customer service.

Right?
Civicsman is offline   Reply With Quote