View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 12:30 PM   #3
bystander
bystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to allbystander is a name known to all

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbrandwood View Post
That's amazing. I only ever made one model aeroplane and didn't even get to fly it. Sold it on. Anyway, forgive me but how on earth is a plane able to do all that? It seems to defy the laws of gravity. I'm guessing the motor is just really powerful and the rest of it so light? Plus of course you've got a skillful pilot.

Could he end the flight by catching it in his hand? That would have been the ultimate finish.
My understanding is that, when a model is called a "3D" model it means the propeller's thrust at full throttle is greater than the weight of the aircraft.

Many kinds of flight stabilization equipment is now available for model planes such as this. A rate gyro can be wired into the aileron's, rudder's, or elevator's, (or various combinations) servo circuit to allow for more stable flight control and precise aerobatics.

Almost like putting the BSA from a PT inside...
bystander is offline   Reply With Quote