View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 06:11 PM   #10
arcamedies
arcamedies is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member
Default rolling easily

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pescador12 View Post
Most of these wheeled vehicles that get less and less mileage in a rapid manner tend to be just low tire pressures. Low tire pressure requires a lot of energy to roll on. That will be the most likely thing to cause a battery to go dead early. You can't eyeball the tire pressure. You need a tire gauge and a pump.

I don't think a lithium battery in storage for two years is an issue as long as the battery was near 50% charged when you got it. The batteries only get damaged if they discharge to zero voltage while in storage. Normally that is because the device they are attached to will constantly drain it. Like the old Segway's (i2?) do.

Two years of expected use is because there is a limited amount of charge/discharge cycles available for any battery chemistry. In two years, the average user would have put enough cycles on the lithium battery that it should be replaced.
Great advice keep an eye on tire pressures and correspond to your weight. Pressure are from 15 to 25 lbs on the PTR depending on load. Asians figure average 150 lbs so 15 is ok for them, for me at 240 25lbs is the number and I get the same ride and comfort and higher miles per charge. On charging vary the charge by going only 80% one time and 100% the next based on proposed use.L ions like a mid range to keep them happy but if you're hitting a trail and going 12 miles go for the max, only 6miles then you don't need a full charge. These do not react like a nimh battery
arcamedies is offline   Reply With Quote