View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 06:04 PM   #2
Gear Priest
Gear Priest is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Hi Frog Man! Welcome.

It seems the miniPRO could be a good option for you.

Regarding your specific questions:

Airline baggage, of course you will be able to bring it inside a suitcase or even it's original box for transportation, but it will require you to deliver to the airplane cargo bay. Another option is to have as a hand baggage with you on the plane. Usually airlines have a limit on the volume they allow to carry inside so this is a limiting factor. Also some airlines ban the device altogether, others will require you to "prove" you need it for mobility or directly allow it. I recommend you do a little research with some airlines first on this two topics: if they allow it as hand luggage, and the maximum size. I did a brief search about this, and there's no definitive answer. Each airline seem to have their own rules, and they even change them from time to time.

Regarding electricity, UK uses 230 in contrast to US that is 110V . The miniPRO though comes with a charger that allows you to plug it to both. Even if this wouldn't be the case, you can easily purchase a voltage converter...

I've been doing some research a few weeks back and wrote an article about the miniPRO in my website. It might help you decide if it's good or not for you.

I hope my answers helped you at least a bit...

--
Martin
Gear Priest is offline   Reply With Quote