View Single Post
Old 02-16-2011, 09:48 PM   #6
rthawk1
rthawk1 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default From Atlanta

I have a mixed bag from Steve and from Segway of Oakland....

I am in Atlanta and had a PT that was Golf equipped. I traded for a used Xt that was Golf equipped. the first call was for information to support their web site and felt I was put off....he was too busy to talk....maybe a bad day, too much going on.....

I called back a week later and we agreed to have him ship a used XT/Gt and then I reboxed my PT and sent it back for 'credit'.

The XT arrived indeed as used.....3500 miles on it, the left wheel wobbled, and I run into 5-10 E024 error codes each time I go to the course. An e024error code is a yawB problem. I have since rebalanced the tires using a car carborator points gauge to make sure the wheel flange is properly spaced to the motor housing. Hopefully this wil clear up the E024 problem.

I have called Steve and asked for 4 battery screws as only 4 were on the unit when it needs 8. He would ship them right out.....it is two weeks and counting. If the item is indeed inspected prior to shipment, this should not have been a problem to start with.

I also asked Steve for an invoice.....still waiting!

The PT that I sent was insured for $2000 as that is what Steve quoted as a reasonable price for the trade in. He gave me $1250 and stated that a fender was broken and the handle bar was broken in shipment. He never sent me photographs to support his information, nor did he offer to assist with a damage claim with UPS. It is now too late. I am out both a higher price then was first quoted and out a possible claim.

Steve may be a very nice person, but service to those that are not local leaves a lot to be desired. Maybe when I get to San Fran in June I will stop by the store and pick up the invoice and screws.
rthawk1 is offline   Reply With Quote