View Single Post
Old 04-13-2014, 08:28 AM   #6
KSagal
Glides a lot, talks more...
KSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud ofKSagal has much to be proud of

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner SegwayFest Attendee

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob yarbrough View Post
Karl,

Your last paragraph made me think of the the not wearing of helmets by many here who regard it as their right , freedom or privilege. How many are being "easily led" in a similar fashion? Can you picture these people walking barefoot on a snow covered sidewalk for several blocks or miles or walking barefotted across a large stretch of hot sunny sandy beachfront.

Until people start walking in this kind of fashion on a regular basis I find it easy to understand why people are "easily led" by those who
supposedly "actually think".

be safe,
enjoy your glide...

Bob Yarbrough
the PONY SEAT guy
Wow!
I should not take the bait, but okay. Who is leading the people who choose not to wear helmets?

And for the record, I do not wear shoes on hot sand. You can get used to it. (But it can be hot or uncomfortable)

I also skydived for years with a man who liked the fact that he never wore shoes. He was a man my age (actually a couple years older) and was basically a non-reformed hippy. He had long hair, and while he did wear a heavy multi colored poncho when it was cold, he always wore shorts, and no shoes. Even in snow. Even skydiving. Having seen him walk thru Massachusetts winters year after year with no shoes on, makes me chuckle at your choice of example...

AND, it is my right, my freedom, and my privilege to choose for myself what I will wear on my head and elsewhere. I will not let you lead me ignorantly into thinking it is your right to choose that for me.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Well done is better than well said." (Ben Franklin)
Bene factum melior bene dictum

Proud past President of SEG America and member of the First Premier Segway Enthusiasts Group and subsequent ones as well.

Last edited by KSagal; 04-13-2014 at 08:34 AM..