Thread: "break A Leg"
View Single Post
Old 02-04-2008, 07:58 PM   #34
quade
quade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the roughquade is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member

I guess I really should start out by saying I'm sorry to hear about RAY-NER's accident and do hope he heals well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bentbiker View Post
I'm not sure it is in the best interest of Segway enthusiasts to make it nice and easy for Segway bashers to gather ammunition, by posting a long list of those injured, even if all of us agree that the cause was human error.
Hmmm . . . I would see it differently (surprised?).

One of the web sites I moderate has an accident database. There are several reasons for this but among them is to keep businesses "honest" in their safety claims and to educate the users as to all the various ways things can go tragically wrong.

Being a pro-Segway user group and living in a litigious society I can see why some people might think they're somehow "protecting" Segway Inc by keeping this sort of information quiet, but I think in the long run it's a disservice to existing and future Segway riders to sort of sweep incidents, accidents and worse under the rug.

People underestimate the serious potential of breaking a femur. It's not something to be taken lightly unless you regularly deal with consequences much, much worse and even then . . .

Last edited by quade; 02-04-2008 at 08:27 PM..
quade is offline   Reply With Quote