Thread: Woz on Jobs
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2011, 12:21 PM   #2
segsurfer
segsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to allsegsurfer is a name known to all

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee

I still can't believe that he's gone. I detested the man for a long time, I viewed his lockdown on all of his products as draconian and needlessly proprietary. As a tinkerer, I felt that he was suppressing the end user through his policies; then I started using a macbook on a daily basis. I inherited a macbook from my dad, and on a whim decided to start using it around school for my note taking and educational purposes, as my primary computer was a 12 lb gaming behemoth. The more I started using the macbook, the more I started enjoying it, and slowly but surely it began to supplant my PC as my primary computer. My poor macbook has developed a crack in its glass screen overlay, and the battery has started failing on it, but it is still just as quick as it was when I first inherited it; in spite of living the hard live of college service for the past year and a half. I enjoyed it so much in fact, that just last week I replaced it with a 13 inch macbook air. That in itself should be testament enough to the power of Job's singular vision, that his products swayed me from a vehement hatred of the man to a sense of respect. For better or worse you can't deny that he changed the face of technology and business as we know it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
segsurfer is offline   Reply With Quote