Thread: Eric Payne
View Single Post
Old 03-01-2008, 12:18 PM   #6
polo_pro
Advanced Member
polo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of lightpolo_pro is a glorious beacon of light

5 yr Member Segway Polo Player
Default lives on the line

People's egos shouldn't be an issue when lives are on the line. Only the facts should matter. It's a real embarrassment that the medical system is set up in such a way where errors persist so long, and only heroic efforts finally get them rectified in a timely fashion.

Bill, I've been following Eric's situation closely for the last few weeks...he's been in all our thought during this whole time. He's come up in conversation in the chat room several times and in other off-site venues (like at polo matches/practices). I hope his recover is a speedy one, and I look forward to talking to him in cyberspace (and hopefully at Segfest in person too)!

ps - You showed incredible restraint in that situation. I would have lost it as my patience wears thin quicker when loved ones are clearly in pain and people parade their egos an petty squables around to the point that decision makers have to be brought in from home! Do let us all know how that meeting with the Chief of Surgery goes (and how the Director of Nursing handles Eric's complaint).
polo_pro is offline   Reply With Quote