View Single Post
Old 08-12-2003, 05:54 PM   #5
ChinaMan
ChinaMan

5 yr Member

Quote:
quote:Originally posted by monkeywrench

I agree that the ibot chair is cool. its not out yet.
and can you imagine tring to get that into your car?
your still sitting down, your just a little better off than an electric chair.
yes you can go up and down stairs...very cool. You can't do that with a segway. you can go across a bunch of logs...I have to admit that happens almost every day. going through sand thats cool...I would trade that in to be standing instead. Standing has an enormous effect on your organs, muscles, and your state of mind. Get me standing, then rolling, then walking, then maybe stem cell research will kick in. Bottom line the ibot is cool, but its not here. and it will be expensive...very expensive. the iglide manual wheelchair is $8,000 and insurance wont touch it. if the iglide is 8,000 how much do you think the ibot will cost? I think its time to be creative break out the monkeywrench and do some tinkering. The segway is 5,000 and with some modifications I believe that a t7-l2 could ride this thing.

the wheelchair does not free me from the disadvantages... it is movement in the right direction...but we need a step in the right direction

I am coming across bitter and angry...not to lash out at you neelix just the system and lack there of.
You took the words right out of my mouth...and NO you don't come across bitter and angry. You come across like an advocate!
ChinaMan is offline   Reply With Quote