View Single Post
Old 02-05-2003, 07:14 PM   #72
axiotek
axiotek

5 yr Member

Here are two ideas for this thread I have noticed in my gliding.

1) The existing Segway LLC front bag is great, durable, roomy, and extremely safe and sturdy when mounted and gliding about. My only issue is that when one takes it off (and this is easy to do and may need to be done on occasion depending on what one stores inside and where one parks) it is difficult to carry about. The addition of a simple briefcase like handle to the bag so that it could be easily carried when not mounted would be useful.

2) I have noticed that when the Segway is parked inside admist some plants, boxes, furniture, or whatever, it becomes part of the surroundings and most often goes completely unnoticed to most passers-by. Since I have yet to chain up to a bike rack (I always take the HT inside with me) I don't have any anecdotal evidence of the conspicuousness of the HT outside among bikes, but the thought occurred to me that if the HT were more conspicious outside (assuming bike theives patrol more around bike racks where large nos of bike are stored) a bland, grey HT cover might be a likeable accessory which would allow the HT to be less conspicious. The cover could be lightweight, cover half the HT and tie in the back.

Just some thoughts.

www.segwayboston.org
axiotek is offline   Reply With Quote