View Single Post
Old 02-02-2011, 01:27 PM   #8
Lily Kerns
Lily Kerns will become famous soon enoughLily Kerns will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

UPDATE:

Well I talked to someone at the DOJ with about the results I expected.... and the conversation was cut short--another committment....

I made note of only 2 sentences of any kind of import.

"If it requires more work on the part of the disabled" then it is discrimination.
"No, they cannot require you to display a permit." Now I'm not quite sure whether this refers to present or future rules.

It sounds like permits will still be allowed--but ignored my questions about how this is a safety issue. She seemed to think that speed limits for Segways can be required but, again, didn't address my question about why this should not be considered discriminatory unless it is a specific safety issue...

My questions about the how, etc they will be held to account for the rules they make--"these are addressed on an individual basis."

Oh yes, she also said to ask these questions after March 15--"the situation may have changed by then." Since she didn't even know whether the new rules took effect in Mar of 2011 or 2012....

Obviously they are not prepared to deal with these questions!

Advice for anyone asking this kind of questions--ask only one question each time you call!

Lily
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Lily Kerns is offline   Reply With Quote