View Single Post
Old 01-27-2011, 08:58 AM   #2
rwoynaro
rwoynaro is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Deer Hunting

Hi Lilly:

Just an update on one issue you had posted.My permits from the MO Department of Conservation says that I cannot use it during deer hunting season in certain areas. Now, no one in their right mind wants to be wandering in the woods during MO deer hunting season, but no one else, disabled or otherwise, is denied access during those times. They too require the dispay of a handicap tag.

I live in PA and I acutally DO use my segway to go deer hunting. I have a "Disabled Hunter" license which lets me hunt from an electric wheelchair. I have a SegSaddle on my I2 and I use it just like a wheelchair. It lets me go in to a local State Game Land region in about 2 miles and I just post up there. I carry one of those folding chairs on my shoulder and sit when I get to my spot. It actually works quite well as it is very quiet. I got one doe earlier this year. I just phoned for some help to get it out of the woods (so I didn't drag it) I have talked to the PA Game Commission about it and have had no issues at all. I am sure I am very unique in this use; I am very pleased with it and very happy to be able to hunt again, so I just thought I would share. I have never encountered any restrictions on using my Segway to date, best wishes !
rwoynaro is offline   Reply With Quote