View Single Post
Old 10-23-2009, 05:37 PM   #8
SegwayDan
Advanced Member
SegwayDan has a spectacular aura aboutSegwayDan has a spectacular aura about

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Civicsman View Post
I had the same questions about what was done. If I understand correctly, the dealer mounted new tires on used wheels at his shop, then replaced the wheel/tire assemblies in SegwayDan's parking lot.

It cost SegwayDan $180 for a pair of new tubes and tires on used wheels. Dan's original used wheels were "recycled", or exchanged for the dealer's used wheels. If Dan had opted for new wheels, it would have cost him $240 and he would have had to store his old wheels or trash them.

The dealer charged $60 per side to replace the elastomer's in SegwayDan's parking lot.

The dealer went way out of his way to make this happen and should be congratulated on great customer service.

Right?
Right, except the price for new wheels and tires was $140 each, or $280.

The round trip to the dealership is 250 miles which is about 5 hours of driving time and $35-40 of gas plus wear and tear on tires, etc., plus about $10 in tolls, as well as a meal at a restaurant, say $40 with tip.

Then there's the hassle of finding parking places and perhaps waiting extra time at the shop for people ahead of me.

I thought the "wheel exchange" was a good solution, both for the convenience of the tire change and as a recycling alternative to tossing the old tires and wheels in the trash.

Dan Swanson

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

727-403-2628
SegwayDan is offline   Reply With Quote