View Single Post
Old 02-11-2011, 12:17 PM   #1
Rolacoy
Rolacoy will become famous soon enough

5 yr Member
Default Asking for the rules for using Segways.

My wife and I both have i2's that we have recently bought. We live in East Texas near Shreveport, LA. There are a number of state parks, lakes, malls, a river walk in Shreveport. Jefferson, Texas is full of tourist traps (antique stores). Tyler, Texas has a zoo, but I am not sure if we can use our Segways in these areas.

We want to go on a shake-down-crusie in the next few days before we make a trip to New orleans. We just need to decide which place to go. Today I will make some calls to see where the restrictions may be, we both have handi-cap cards. Also I am thinking about e-mailing the following note, with a picture of a Segway (few people know what they are), to some of them to see what they say.

I am inquiring about the use of a Segway at your facilities, Segway picture posted below. My wife and I each own a Segway. We are wanting to know if we are allowed to use them _______(name of location)________.

If I get a negative answer, then reply with the following:

Highlights of the Final Rule to Amend the Department of Justice's Regulation Implementing Title II of the ADA and the Summary of changes to the ADA.
Rolacoy is offline   Reply With Quote