View Single Post
Old 11-29-2006, 03:49 PM   #86
tarmack
tarmack is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default 1st Glide postponed...alas.....

Got to be too late yesterday to take the first ride.....so I left the XT plugged in over night.....came out to the garage this morning to find one GREEN light and one RED light on the charge port.

Dug the manual out....followed the instructions to reseat the power cables in the column.....no help......then removed and reinstalled the batteries....again to change in condition....all red on the indicator with the little "wrench" showing.

Off to the phone to call Tech Support.....resulting in a battery exchange....hoping for an arrival of a new rear battery next week.

Guess now I can read all the manual and watch the video tape several times....by the way....WHAT is with a VCR tape these days....I had to go and borrow a neighbors VCR....as all we have is DVD players these days.

Mel Ott

Quote:
Originally Posted by tarmack View Post
New owner checking in....delivery was 2 hrs ago by motor freight as I purchased from Sam's Club about 10 days ago.

Indicates 14.2 software on the box...and actually my batt's are blinking right now as the full charge cycle seems to be over...into the batt balance portion.

Retired 747 pilot for an International Airline...plan to use the XT for getting around campgrounds at Sun N Fun and the Oshkosh airshows next year.

Mel Ott