View Single Post
Old 02-24-2008, 03:39 PM   #4
Five-Flags
Five-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the roughFive-Flags is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member
Thumbs up Wow!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jryan View Post
... but it is only aimed at those that cannot have a constructive political conversation, you know who you are. There are also many here who can disagree but yet still hold a constructive conversation and this is not aimed at you. So here you go, my assignment, read and enjoy:

Why can't we talk about these things and yet maintain it in a constructive way. Why do we, as a society, have to think we're right so darn much that we cannot respect or allow a different view or opinion.
This way we both learn from each other. Why can't others do the same? Because people are too set in their ways to think that any other way could be worthy of their time.
I am not afraid to talk politics with anyone, whether you will dislike me because of it, I do not much care.
In my opinion, this wave of uneducated voting is why George W. Bush is in office in the first place, but that's my opinion.
Embrace your views but allow others. Maybe in turn you will find that people are more accepting of your beliefs as well.
Your views are accepted by me, although you may not change my beliefs, I would expect the same of you. Thanks and have a great day!!!

Jeremy Ryan

start approaching these issues whether the same or different than you with an open mind, it will make for a better world and a better forum.

All right -- who are you and what have you done with Jeremy???

I can hardly believe my eyes!! It's amazing to see the change in your perspective, or at least your expression of it. It hard to believe you've only been here for three months, yet my impression of you has changed tremendously. I will admit that my original impression was "Whiney kid that knows it all and won't listen to anyone". My warmest wishes to you for the increased maturity or perhaps just more clarity in expressing it. Of course, I am not one who is beyond reproach, I have been squelched on occasion also.

And my opinion is just that, you may take it with a grain of salt or a five-pound bag. I just had to comment on the growth that I have seen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyler
I thought that this venue was about Segways; not about religion and/or politics. There must be chat rooms for those subjects. Can't we keep on subject here? I guess this shows my ignorance that you seem interested in.
Actually, this IS the chat room for those subjects... or most any others. It's entitled "Off Topic" and if you read back over the last few years, you'll find that title is sort of like calling the Atlantic Ocean a 'large body of water' -- a bit of an understatement!!! Trust me, this is only a minor reach...

Enjoy!!
Five-Flags is offline   Reply With Quote