View Single Post
Old 11-21-2019, 12:53 PM   #1
dsdavis
dsdavis is on a distinguished road

3 yr Member
Default Can I use my ES3 without pairing with the phone app?

I posted another thread here detailing how I have been unable to pair my new (refurbished) ES3 kick scooter with the iPhone app, due to being prompted for a password which I do not know (I have a support request sent to Segway about this).

I assumed that I would not be able to use the scooter without first pairing it, but in searching this forum for a solution to my password issue, I see people saying you don't have to use the app in order to use the scooter. So am I correct that I can use it without ever having paired it with a phone? In order to try resetting the password, I pushed down on the accelerator paddle/lever and the brake paddle/lever and at the same time pressed the power button. I didn't feel any motion on the scooter when I pressed the accelerator, so I took that as a sign that it was inoperable without the password in the app, but just now remembered the fact that the power doesn't kick in unless you've first pushed with your foot a bit in order to get the scooter moving.

So *can* I use the scooter without ever having paired it with the phone app?

Thanks!

Doug
dsdavis is offline   Reply With Quote