View Single Post
Old 11-11-2008, 01:45 AM   #2
jgbackes
jgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the roughjgbackes is a jewel in the rough

5 yr Member HT/PT Owner Segway Polo Player SegwayFest Attendee
Smile Steve knows his Segways

Segway of Oakland can be a mixed bag. If you are talking to Steve you are in luck, anyone else and you never know.

Steve knows his Segways, he is happy to share his knowledge and is not one to pull punches about how difficult dealing with Inc. as been for him. He's never lied to me although at times he does forget little details. But he always has made it right in the long run.

The store itself is not what I would call pretty, there are two parts, the Front showroom has a nice display of new machines in the window, but the back of the store is where "it all happens."

When you first walk into the back entrance off the north parking lot you will most likely be greeted by Honey, Steve's Yellow lab, what a great dog! Along the east wall of the shop will be between 5 and 20 segways lined up for rental or repair. To the right is a glass counter with segway and electric skateboard parts on display.

Behind the counter are boxes, boxes, and more boxes filled with Segway parts. Need a handgrip, red, yellow or gray, they have it. How about that screw you lost? There it is. Every possible part you could need is stocked. Go behind the counter to the left and in what appears to be the back of an old garage, you have more tires, shafts, CSBs than you can imagine. I was like a kid in a candy store!

If you are looking for a spic and span, ubber professional shop, Segway of Oakland is probably going to disappoint you. If you are looking for a shop that can fix your problem and sell you any part you need, this is the place. Good prices on new and used machines and better than expected service.

I have purchased three segways from them. I have recommend them to many other purchasers as well. I would buy from then again.
jgbackes is offline   Reply With Quote