View Single Post
Old 12-21-2019, 01:20 PM   #19
dmurphy
dmurphy is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeJoe View Post
That's awesome it worked! isnt it great to see both those lights go green, and stay green!

So what do you think you did different this time, than when you tried last time?

You said .

Do you still think that? Or could it be the method, charge rate / time, amps?
You mentioned you let it charge for about 8 hours, thats alot longer than the 1 hour it typically takes with rene's method. Any idea how this time it worked over last?
It is great - and even better than the lights staying green was pulling them off and seeing 78V on the voltmeter! Whew. They’re charging well - only 3700 miles on them and 5 years old, so they should have plenty of life left.

The only thing I did differently was to wait until they really got low - down below 20V each. Then when I charged them back to 60V, I left them on the power supply for a while. I’m thinking something was up with the in battery controller - wonder at what voltage it shut down completely?

Maybe also leaving the i2 disconnected for a while reset the charging board....?

Either way, I’m feeling much better now. A little battery voodoo but the end result is good.

It’s funny - I also drive a Tesla, so lithium batteries and charging routines and such aren’t unfamiliar. I’m impressed with how far Tesla has come around battery technology. It’s genuinely years, if not decades ahead of the rest of the car industry.
dmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote