View Single Post
Old 11-26-2019, 04:38 AM   #14
dmurphy
dmurphy is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeJoe View Post
That happened to me too. After recovering 3 batteries, one of them went to red a few weeks later. I think it was due to not leaving the segway plugged in all of the time. I left it off charger for 48 hours, when I plugged back in, one of them turned to red within around 10 minutes.

I tried to trickle charge it back up again (twice), but it just never would turn green. My conclusion is that if you do manage to recover a battery, keep it plugged in and charging all the time after every ride. A recovered battery is an unstable battery and can go bad (turn red) at anytime. I don't think there is anything to troubleshoot here. Sorry man, recovered batteries are living on borrowed time
So let me ask - what voltage were the batteries at when they went red? I’m still holding at ~70v, and I’m sure I could trickle them up even further. This almost feels like the charging board is locked up rather than the battery.

It’s been on a charger steadily all year. Had it on a timer as well so the charger would get “reset” once a week.

Either way, think it’s gotta go in for repair. Just hoping it’s the charging board and not the battery - a lot cheaper that way.
dmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote