Thread: Ryno
View Single Post
Old 03-29-2011, 01:57 PM   #18
Gihgehls
Gihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really niceGihgehls is just really nice

5 yr Member

It is literally exactly the same effect as engaging the speed limiter on your segway. On this machine, you press a lever to do it. On a Segway, you just go too fast. I used to slow down my Gen 1 all the time by removing a foot instead of leaning back. Segway coordinates its rearward lean in tandem with its deceleration, just as the ryno. I don't understand how you are inventing the scenario of leaning forward and trying to slow down. It is just as silly as trying to go 12.5 mph in turtle mode. Quit hatin', haters!

Edit: I do see what you're saying about leaning forward to accelerate and squeezing a lever to stop. That is a little mentally unintuitive. A little. A very, very little. About as unintuitive as having one of the levers on a motorcycle operate the clutch while another lever operates the brake.

Of course, this is moot because the ryno uses a twist throttle to go and a lever to stop.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 5 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
"...if you insist on being imprecise in use and unique in definition, you should hardly be surprised that your attempts at communication are poorly understood." -a wise man