View Single Post
Old 12-21-2019, 05:00 AM   #7
Steve807
Steve807 is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member
Default Is there life in Segway i2 ownership?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeJoe View Post
Im glad to see some i2 chit chat around here. kudos to you Steve807, i feel the same. I saw your post awhile back about your enjoyment at the Segway Tour of Solvang. Im not far from there in San Luis Obispo, CA. I have an i2, and (2) x2's and just love 'em.

Sadly, it looks like the Solvang shop closed up a couple months ago. I heard the owner moved, but he's certainly not the only closure, and sadly it really does just feel like a dying breed. I dont really know why. I always get double takes, and plenty of questions of interest whenever I glide. I know it never caught on to begin with, but 12 years later, I could imagine once your batteries go, not to many would be willing to shell out another $2000 to get Blinky back

Wow, the Segway shop in Solvang closed? Now I’m really sad. Most shops in the past would let you take their tours for free if you brought your own Segway but I specifically wanted to rent from the shop to help support it when I took the tour for my birthday. I could tell the guy who leads the tours for the shop really believed in Segway and he made an effort to make my tour special by taking me places that were not standard on the tour. He even shot a video of me on my Segway using my phone and sadly the video got erased when I had issues with my phone and it was accidentally reset. I have his business card and will make sure to keep it to remember how much fun I had. Since I owned an i2 and his shop had the i2 SE I was able to ask him all kinds of questions about the differences between the two models that I’ve always wanted to ask. I’m glad I gave him a good tip to show how much I appreciated his tour.

TahoeJoe, I live in the Los Angeles area but stay at The Apple Farm in SLO at least once a year because I enjoy the area so much. In fact my Segway tour in Solvang came about because I stopped there on my way to the Apple Farm and further on to Morrow Bay. Beautiful area.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by Steve807; 12-21-2019 at 05:28 AM..
Steve807 is offline   Reply With Quote