View Single Post
Old 08-22-2019, 06:37 AM   #2
Don M
Don M is on a distinguished road

5 yr Member

Sorry no one has replied to help ease your concerns - I just found your post this morning or I would have said something sooner

I hope you still have your mini and that you've gotten more accomplished riding it and that's boosted your confidence!

A couple observations. First, I hope you're wearing all the proper safety gear, especially since you're a bit more prone to falls than an average person probably is. A helmet is a MUST - I've never fallen, but I wear one EVERY time! For you, I would also recommend knee and elbow pads. There are great selections of both which can be found at many sports stores or online - eBay has a good selection. We can thank skateboard riders for all this great gear

Second, I would say that inside your home is not the best place to learn to ride. Space is tight which makes maneuvering a necessity long before you'll get proficient at making those course corrections. I would recommend you go somewhere you have a much larger area to work with, either outdoors or in a much larger building where you can practice keeping long straight lines with gentle course corrections. Eventually you'll get more proficient and be able to turn on a dime and THEN is should be much safer for you to ride inside your home

Hope this helps!

Don
Don M is offline   Reply With Quote